Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Why Beck Fits Better Than Quinn

Why Beck fits better than Quinn - So tired of this.....

I posted this in the NFL forum because I had a few minutes and my patience is really starting to wear thin.... I'm tired of beating this dead horse, its incredible how people can't think for themselves.

Here is what I posted there.... feel free to comment on this thread too (since I expect a full out war on the other post and will likely not reply to their jiggerish).

Without further adue...

===========================================

Point of the matter is this...

Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller blows each and every one of us OUT OF THE WATER when it comes to QB comparisons. Why is Brady Quinn the second coming of Christ again? Because he played for an over rated Notre Dame squad? And why is Beck NOT a better QB? The next person that says "because Mel Kiper says so" Im seriously gonna snap.

Let's take a rundown on this AGAIN, one last time so that people FINALLY get it. Please keep in mind, you can have whatever opinion you want. If you think Brady is a better QB that's FINE! I truthfully could care less.... Just DONT say its because he was ranked a 1st round projection (Please half the QB's in the first round are busts - FACT. If the ESPN experts were so smart they would be running a team - FACT). I want to hear ONE reason why Brady Quinn is a better starting QB than John Beck. ONE GOOD REASON.

Here are my reasoning why BECK is the better QB and is a better fit with Miami.

1) Arm Strength - Beck can throw the deep ball. Better and more accurate than Quinn. This is a fact (watch the videos).

2) More accurate passer - Beck had almost 70% completion rate last season compared to Brady's shade over 60%. Cameron has already stated many times that he can make a good, accurate passer better. He cannot make a QB that isn't very accurate, more accurate. Straight from the horses mouth.

3) Some argue the competition is far weaker for Beck than it is for Quinn. While this may be true, remember Steve Young had the same competition (also went to BYU) and in fact, Beck's teammates also would fit into that same category. What I mean by that is, imagine what he'd do with a REAL THREAT at WR (Cough*Ginn*cough). I don't buy the competition bit. Tom Brady had "not much competition" in college either... more so because he only played a hand full of games. That sure turned out ok for the Patriots.

4) Beck can read a defense. Beck has problem he's a smart, mature QB who can run a team. Where does everyone get the guy is gonna be 30 when he starts? like are you all retarded? Yes the guy will be 26 in August.... he will be starting his FIRST NFL game at that age (count on it)! So he'll be 27 when he's a full time starter. Whats the point? If he plays for the Dolphins for a decade (that's 10 years for the math nuts) I would be MORE than happy with this pick.

5) FAR less of a risk and much less financial worries over picking a guy like Beck over Quinn (who might I add has the WORST/best agent ever. He's great but a guy you love to hate). If Quinn ends up being a bust like Joey Harrington then Cleveland just set themselves back many, many years....

6) Cameron gave both Brady Quinn AND John Beck the same exact test at their interview. The test was this. Draw and map out every play on the board for ND and BYU's offensive playbook respectively. Quinn struggled a little and managed to get majority completed. Beck passed this test with flying colors, drew up his complete plays and obviously made a HUGE impression on Cameron. Notice Cameron likes SMART QB's who can learn the playbooks right away.

7) Terry Shea (Miami's QB coach) was the one who worked with Brady Quinn during his entire combine. So let's face facts here.... Miami knew Brady Quinn better than ANY other team.

8) If Quinn is such a God as many of you say he is, why did 20 other teams pass on him??? Yes I have heard the arguments that many of those teams don't need a QB. I HIGHLY disagree. Are you telling me if JaMarcus Russell was there and not Brady Quinn (let's assume Quinn went to the Raiders for fun).... Do you think the Lions, Browns, Washington, Vikings, Dolphins, Buffalo, St. Louis, the Jets, Packers and Jacksonville would have taken him? How far do you think Russell would have lasted? ANY of these teams could use a FRANCHISE QB especially one who is the apparent heir to the throne of King Arthur (Our hero, Quinn). Yes I know Marc Bulger(for example) is the starter with the Rams or the Packers used a first rounder on Aaron Rodgers (hmmm... looks familiar?) but lets face it, Bulger isn't getting any younger and no one knows what Rodgers really has to offer.... if you had the "BEST QB EVA" you would take him, wouldn't you?

Not to mention Beck looks amazing like Steve Young or Marc Bulger... either of which I would take on my team ANY DAY... Brady Quinn might end up being a great QB. I have nothing bad to say. Fact is, it isn't fair (and its simply ignorance by the ESPN propaganda) to say Beck is not the QB Brady is or ever will be because that simply isn't true. No one knows for sure how this is going to turn out but Ill trust the guy on my bench who spent his ENTIRE LIFE evaluating QB's instead of some "so called experts" on forums or on ESPN.

Again, I CHALLENGE you to give me ONE reason why Brady Quinn is better. A solid, quality reason (which no one has given me yet)... I just listed 8, you can give me 1.


I won't even mention about Ginn in this post because its not worth my time to be honest. I don't want to start a war, I just don't get what all the fuss is about. You wouldn't know there was a Crystal ball no one knew about and can forsee Quinn being the best QB in the league when in fact many, many teams think otherwise, NOT just Miami.
By:StayonBoard



No comments: