Monday, May 21, 2007

Jason Allen...?

Dolphins CB Jason Allen's Mom Throws Eggs at Him

BlownCoverage.com passes along a great story from the Miami Herald today about Dolphins cornerback Jason Allen and the way he's getting ready for the season, with a little help from his mom. It seems that when the two of them get together, she throws raw eggs at him, and he has to catch them. I guess it helps with his hand-eye coordination. First the quote from the mom:

''It's to see how good his hands are and his reaction time -- and that's my good sofa now,'' Cynthia Allen said. ``He better catch that egg every time because if it gets on my furniture, he don't want the ultimate football player on him. I'll tackle everybody.''

And the take on the story from BlownCoverage:
I mean, how great is that. I can already see Jason dropping an egg on his mother's nice sofa, followed by his mother jacking him up and driving him through the living room wall. Just planting the crown of her head right into his sternum as soon as the yolk touches that couch.

With off-field problems becoming a major problem for the league, NFL teams are increasingly saying they like to get young players from good families. A family with a mom who throws eggs at her son and tackles him when he drops them sounds like the perfect football family to me.




See what's free at AOL.com.

No comments: